Photobucket

Friday, September 26, 2008

The ride "Home"

Do you find yourself having a hard time sharing your faith with those around you? Especially love ones or friends you've known most of your life? Frankly, I don't mind going up to a stranger, handing out tracts or doing door to door. Maybe thats because I'll only see them once in my life but when it comes to my own friends it is just different! Maybe a little fear of rejection?


On this night after a great time out in town, Jesline and I headed back to take the MRT home. The crowd was just crazy due to F1! Somehow, we were moving along with the crowd and didn't take much notice of the train we boarded. Too happy to notice because we both got seats next to each other! As we rode along, we continued talking about everything under the sun.

I've been praying for this girl for the longest time ever since she came for my church children's camp when we were Pri 5! I didn't want it to be awkward so under my breath I was praying, " Lord, I'd like this opportunity please open the door for me if you want me to witness."

To cut the long story short, I got to share my life testimony with her! "Where do you think you'd go if you died tonight?", " Who is Jesus to you?", "Do you know about the judgement day?" We got into a really fruitful conversation and I could tell she has been searching. She told me she's been to a friend's church a couple of times but when her mom found out, she decided to stop. "I have this peace when I sometimes pray but I'm not sure who this God is." she said. It was amazing to see how God led me to answer her questions. Wish I could record everything we said down.

Finally... we found out that we were on the wrong train! By then we were somewhere at Woodlands already. I knew however that God planned this all out. When we went our separate ways, I knew that God was at work in her heart and I'm excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lydia. That is a good reminder to me, that I should use whatever opportunity I have to share Christ's love with others. Very touched.

Lydia said...

Rachel! Chrissy is here with us now. When are you coming up? haha. Yup, there are so many opportunities out there let's cnt praying for each other as we work for His Kingdom!