Photobucket

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Does it make sense?

I attended a VCF meeting at NUS last night. The speaker spoke on loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. The greatest commandment is to love him! My greatest sin is probably failing to love Him with my all... on my journey back on the bus, I was in this whole reflective mood till I missed my stop!

I understood what loving God with my heart and soul meant. But what about the mind? We live in a world that is bombarded with lies, people really don't know how to think very well anymore. The message of God, the bible, the cross, salvation- is logcial. It is true, it is consistent, it is sound. But do you believe because someone says so or do you know it because it is real?

How can we expect the world to listen to us when our answers are shallow or worse- just plain wrong? God's word does have the answers! But I must devote my mind to discovering those answers. Thinking about a song I learnt back in sunday school. Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

Here are the main things on my heart right now and if you could pray with and for me, you know how much I'd appreciate it.

It is my desire...

... to really study God's word for myself, to hide it in my heart and just love God more and more each day.

... to pray more regularly and earnestly for my friends- particularly those who are in uni or those seeking for the next step of what to do. Taking the effort to build on relationships.

... to be truely content being single at this moment, making the most of my singleness that I may serve God and His people as much as I can.

No comments: