Photobucket

Sunday, June 28, 2009

what a day

After church and a mind boggling game of Scrabble at Harto, I decided to drop in on Grandma. My initial plans was to go for a 3pm thai service at Glory Church but later found out that they no longer have it! Anyway, when I got to her place we spontaneously decided to go shopping for her facial powder. The funny thing was, she told me it could only be bought at Centerpoint! So all the way there we went and I found out that the shop was just Guardian! Guess she wanted to go back to a familiar place. I had a good Granny time! She makes me feel cool.

We went back to her place for dinner and I left soon after because I had a conference call with the family at 9pm. Happily, I boarded the bus which I thought was 105. I did not notice the route taken as there was this really weird guy next to me. I shall not write on that. When I did realise where I was, I quickly pressed the bell and got down! I had gotten on bus 185 and I landed up at Jurong West! Seriously need to wear spectacles now.

If you think that was it, let me tell you how silly I felt that day. Very very silly! I roamed round to find the right bus stop and was totally lost. Finally, after a call to Aaron who lived close by- I got to the correct stop to take the right bus! BUT.... when the bus came, I found out that I'd no more money in my EZ-link and not a single coin. I was so paiseh as I got off the bus. Had to walk to 'Shop and Save' to change my only 5 dollar bill left. Went back to the bus stop and waited for a bus that did not seem to want to appear! When I finally reached home safe and sound, it was 9:45pm! Heh... moral of the story...I need more sleep! Nights.

4 comments:

Lois said...

God's protection be with you! HAHA! blur minds think alike huh? I've experienced the same thing as you did. board the wrong bus! anyway, glad you're safe! talk soon.

Aidi said...

Oh dear, what's up with both of you?? Missing each other so much eh??Let Psalms 119:105 be your guide. Look East

Min said...

I remember I used to take the 95,96 and the 200 bus line a lot.

When I first came to the U.S.(I was 11), there was this one day we got a public transportation pass from school and it gives you half off for bus fees. Since walking home from school was about a mile and half walk, i decided to be "smart" and take the bus home(my sis didn't like the idea so she walked home).

I thought all the bus that was heading towards the "south" direction would reach my house, so I eagerly hopped on to one of the bus. An hour passes by...I was still on the bus, not knowing how to speak any english, I was freaking out because I had no idea where I was... and then I realized that I had a tag that my dad gave me that had my house address on it just in case I get lost, so i quickly went up to the bus driver and pointed to him my house address, he said something and pointed towards the door of the bus telling me to get off...I didn't know what to do so I got off. Confused, I started running towards one direction of the road and all of sudden I hear a car beeping at me...and I looked back, it was my dad and my sis in the car!

It turns out, my sis got home and told my dad that I took the bus and it was just a coincidence that he followed the bus that I was on...It was one of those most joyful moments in life for me to see my dad and sis again.

Maybe that's the same feeling that Christ felt when he found us, "the lost sheep".

Now that I think about it, I was lost once in Thailand too back in 2007, that was pretty scary too...tell you that in another time :)

Lydia said...

Experiencing that in a foreign land must have been traumatizing! Min, I'm so waiting to hear about the thailand one :)

"I was lost but now am found..."