Photobucket

Monday, June 08, 2009

My 21st (Part 2)

The first picture is of 'Ja ker' who wrote me a song and sang it in front of everyone. The song is titled "I promise to be praying for you" They presented many special items and even the director, Abraham, acted in a skit as the main actor. My first time to see this side of him. I had to fight back tears while saying my thank you speech, but in the end I still cried. I was so touched...how not to be right? Even now as I type this and recall the moments, I'm teary. When the birthday song was sung with my family and all the 100 children of Baan-nana in unison, it was a very heartwarming feeling.

Later, I got dressed in their traditional akha costume. As they sang me a song, I went around the circle and gave everyone a hug. In between sobs, I told some to study hard, others to love God with all their heart, watch out for each other and just be a good boy or girl. Many tied handmade friendship bands on my hand, I received 62 letters and cards. It was so special. It was the greatest ever birthday one could have!

1 comment:

amelia thinks said...

You are a very special girl with a very special heart which others around you can see!