Photobucket

Friday, June 05, 2009

Dear friends

1st March 2006, I left on a journey with God. A journey that I could never have planned or even thought of. These 3 years has flown by so quickly! Looking back, I can only thank the Lord for all the tears and joy that came with serving Him. I have learnt so much about the Thai culture, the importance of relationships and most of all, God has taught me more about Himself and His love that could fill volumes of books.

As most of you already know, I am returning to Singapore on 13th June for studies at East Asia School of Theology. I am taking a two year degree programme (Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry). The enormity of it is beginning to hit me. I have fears, but God will be faithful in leading me as He has in the past. Though there will be a lot of adjustments, I know that it is God’s will for me to take this next step and He will work things out one day at a time as I seek to follow Him.

As I type this, the sounds of Lois playing her violin and the smell of a home cooked meal envelopes me. Leaving is hard. Change is hard. Things will undoubtedly never be the same again. But there comes a time to say goodbye, trusting that God will help me through it all. I’ve learnt that sometimes the hard things turn out to be the best things I have done. God has an amazing way of taking a situation I see as difficult and making it a huge blessing in my life.

I will terribly miss many things here, especially all my little friends who have brought great joy to my life! Their hugs and smiles, their beautiful voices lifted up in worship, their sincere love and faith will forever be etched deep down my heart. During my farewell party at Childlife, Ja Ker, a twelve year old girl wrote a special song for me and gave a powerful blessing upon me to return to Baan-nana (Childlife) to serve with greater might after my studies. God willing, this is my prayer too.

David says “I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me.” (Psalm 57:2) God does the fulfilling, not me! Whatever God’s purpose is, I believe He will fulfill it and will give me the strength and courage for what lies ahead. I will have many new things to learn and new friends to make! I would greatly appreciate if you would be my prayer warrior! To those who have been all these times, thank you.

6 comments:

Aidi said...

Fear not Lyd, we will continue to uplift u in prayer and welcome you into East family with open arms!

Chelsea said...

Hi! I'll be praying for you asthis next exciting step in your life unfolds...it has been so encouraging to see how you and your family have been faithfully walking before the Lord, and your attention to following His direction for you. Keep up the good work, sister! Will you be keeping this blog updated of your life in Singapore??

Anonymous said...

My Dd1, you have never left my sight for that long and the time has come for me... Parting is painful. "Blessed is the woman who has a smile in her voice, a sparkle in her eyes, a song on her lips; a spring in her step, a warmth in her touch, a depth to her beauty, a purpose for her life, a joy in her faith, a hope in her breast and a love in her heart,".....Lv Mummy

Dani said...

Dearest Lydia,
God bless you! You're awesome and I hope our paths will cross again. :) I know the Lord will give you grace and peace as you follow Him past yet another bend in the road.

Lydia said...

I'm so thankful to have friends like you'all who are always behind me. Yesh, will try to keep everyone updated on life in S'pore too!

eleanor said...

hi Lydia, we look forward to having you back! See you on sunday! :)