Photobucket

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

byebye twenty-OH-8

How do I summarise a year with 365 days, 8760 hours and over 1 billion thoughts and emotions? I've written 158 blog enteries in just this year! Sigh. It seems like the older I grow, the more swiftly time passes. But it was a good year. A growing year.

If there is just one thing that marks this year, it has got to be the ways the Lord has loved me and sustained me. 2008 brought many choices and challenges. So much has happened. From moving house, to attending a course in ChiangMai Uni, juggling life as a teacher, student, missionary, daughter and sister haha, sitting for my GED exam, applying for Bible College, going on many adventurous trips to the mountains for evangelism, written 53 snailmail letters to friends (yes, for your info I keep a record) to organising camps and of course I find myself having a record breaking amount of photos this year.

Well, I'll just let this poem I wrote end this sweet chapter. Happy New Year, friends! See you next year!

Only in Your strength

God, I can't fight this on my own.
You know how I'm so prone,
To slip away and worry about the unknown.
Taking up unnecessary burdens all alone.

It's not easy to be in a storm,
Many a times I wondered "Why?"
At times I thought "I can't go on."
But You never once left my side.

God, forgive me for complaining.
Grip fast my soul, as I let the burdens go.
My strength do I lay down while this world I roam,
Dwelling only in Your power as I onward press towards home.

As the year comes to an end, continue Your work in me.
Whatever the coming days may be,
Teach me, guide me, walk with me.
May it be another year lived for Thee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lydia for such a beautiful poem, a timely reminder to trust God even in the midst of uncertainties! 2008 has indeed been a good year...2009 will be great (or greater) too!