Photobucket

Monday, December 15, 2008

she makes me feel old



Throughout one's life there is usually some people who leaves a lasting impact on us. This lady will be one of them in mine. The best thing about my trip was getting to know Elder Yeh who is 90 years old. Yes, can you imagine being 90 on a mission trip into villages! Hats off to her- it takes a lot to travel such mountainous dirt roads and brave the cold at that age.

I knew her as the VIP always at my primary school's events and when she prayed, she had such a dynamic voice which filled every corner of the school hall. Till this day, that has not changed one bit. At 4:30am before any single soul is awake, you can hear her praying.

The joy of the Lord is so evident in her life! She's just overflowing with God's love. No matter how tired you are, I promise you, you would never be able to sleep in a message she gives. She brings God's word with power through her expressions, humor, life stories. Most importantly, she speaks from her heart right into mine.

"Don't you dare think that God loves me more than you in any way!" God shows no favouritism. We all have equal worth. Whether you are a pastor, a sunday school teacher, someone who buys flowers for the church santuary each sunday, God has no ranking system! What a comforting reminder it was for me.

What legacy would you leave?

No comments: