Photobucket

Thursday, December 18, 2008

to the mountains and back

As promised, a little more on our recent trip. It consisted of beautiful events leaving me with many happy memories.

01. I can't think of any other colour that makes me as calm as a warm natural green. My eyes were able to soak up these lovely surroundings.

02. There seems to be surprising beauties that reward the early riser, only to hide again when the rest of the world wakes up.

03. Enjoyed long walks reflecting as the year wraps up and change begins once more.

04. We travelled at the back of a pickup truck to the different villages. The wind chill was unbearable. My nose and ears felt like dropping off. Did you know when you're cold, goose pimples are an obvious sign and you want to pee!

05. I survived the cold! Felt like a sandwich. I had my thermal wear on, my vest, sweatshirt, outer coat, headwear, gloves and woolen socks.

06. In my 20 years, I've never wrapped so many presents before! The entire room was filled with colourful packages. One reason I adore Christmas. By the way, we have exactly 7 days before Christmas!

07. Night program for the villages.

08. We gave out hundreds of tracts. This boy was reading it out loud to his illiterate mother and the lady next to them was listening in too! Believe it or not, God can even use an unbeliever to share the faith.

" Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. " Psalm 96:2-4

2 comments:

Kitti Klicks said...

Hey Lydia,

Beautiful pics! I'm so glad you had a safe fruitful trip to the mountains and that you survived the cold.

I'm glad you aren't here because it's been really cold recently and we just had a snow storm last night! The other morning when I woke up they said on the radio that with the wind it felt like it was in the -20's! (that would be like -28 Celsius or below)
It's gotten warmer since then but Aslan hasn't come yet:)

Love Chrissy

Lydia said...

Chrissy!

I really dislike bathing now haha! SNOW STORM?! I think I'd just stay in bed all day if I were you haha. By the way, we just got your parcel :) THANK YOU! Mom's gonna cook it for Christmas dinner. YUM! and I'd be bringing the stuff for lor sua this sun!