Photobucket

Saturday, August 23, 2008

you tell me...

So after 9 months I finally got on the plane again. Only that this time, my parents weren't coming back with us. I was excited because I had this great plan, I thought it was so perfect! I only told 3 people which was a must to tell because of some situation about my arrival home.

I was told that the Naz youths were having a combine meeting with different BP churches the next day on Sat. I was going to surprise them big time! I was even thinking of how funny their looks would be when I suddenly pop out! There was no way I would fail in this mission.

There were no flight delays, we got our lugguage and got a warm welcome back to Singapore from the Chos. What a day it already had been. We drove in the morning from Mae Sai to Chiangrai. Then a flight to Bangkok and after waiting for hours, a flight home landing at 9:30pm. As we walked to the escalator to get the car from the carpark, I got the shock of my life!

Out of nowhere this crazy bunch of youths literally jumped out in front of me! SURPRISE! If I were any older I would have a heart attack, I should get some health insurance. Worst thing was everyone knew about it. Lois and even my parents back in Mae Sai! Can't exactly remember what went through my mind at that moment. I wanted to run but my legs were rooted to the ground, I wanted to cry but no tears flowed. All I could do was repeatedly say thank you... 2 words which had a million emotions in it. I was and still am lost for words.

Sadly, my plans were a big O failure. But there will always be a next time! Just you wait... I've still so many more great years with these wonderful friends, each a special gift to me. To mich, tan, kim, rhea, evan, tep, aaron, mick, daniel, zac, sam and gabs you guys are becoming way too sneaky! Better stop it arh give me a chance haha.

Went for supper. Some prata place at Bedok Simpang and as we ate it did not feel that 24hrs ago I was in a whole different world from them.

No comments: