Photobucket

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

more than words can say

Family time.
Worshiping the Lord together even through the distance.

Our extended family.

Well, today here in Thailand it is Queen Sirikit's birthday and it also doubles as Mother's Day! So we all got a nice day off from teaching. Last night The Queen had her annual birthday address and I estimated that it lasted for a good two hours or so! Of course, not a soul complains maybe except foreigners who missed out on some coverage of the Olympics haha.

I love my mummy! We surprised her this morning and she had no clue that we had something up our sleeves. Seriously, it's so hard to keep a secret from her so yesh, what a success! For lunch, P.Sam and P.Kul came by and guessed what they bought... the king of all fruits... DURIAN! oh me oh my, it was so good the best I've had since coming to Thailand.

If you don't know who my mummy is, you ought to get to know her! I can't thank God enough for her. She's my pillar of support in all I do, the one who makes anywhere we stay in become a lovely home, she enjoys inviting people from all walks of life for a homecook meal, she's someone so approachable. She knows my top secrets hoho! Like any other mother, she nags oh yah! but that just shows how much she loves and cares for me. "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." Proverbs 31:28

I know you're reading this mom, don't cry again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dd1 you just know me too well. Yes, I'm always touch by your words as with many others too. May you grow each day to be like Proverbs 31 too.