Photobucket

Saturday, August 09, 2008

going red n white


Majulah Singapura! Happy 43rd Birthday! I'm over here celebrating the Singapore spirit. Listening to 'Shine for Singapore'. Feeling patriotic! Still remember winning a competition during primary school singing "Singapura, OH Singapura, sunny island set in the sea..."

I've been missing 3 National Days so far. Suddenly Singapore's positive qualities spew forth. We are non-corrupt; a harmonious multi-racial society and we hold the first night F1 race in the world. I love Singapore! Though I always complain about the cost of living there, I love the food, the efficency, the cleanliness and the convenience. Somehow, it's still called home... where I know I belong.

On a different note, I received a wedding invitation. No more from uncles and aunties but my own friends! Suddenly, I feel like I'm all grown up haha. Also a reminder to me to continue believing God for His best. So to Young Lee, congratulations dear! Wish I could fly up to Korea for it. Any kind soul has free tickets to give away?

Going to watch the live telecast of NDP now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY LYDIAAAA :):) here in Singapore I also felt a sudden surge of patriotism when I heard Majulah Singapura for the first time in a very long time. SCHOOL'S STARTING TMR. grosssss. hahha wish me luck.


Michelleeeee