Photobucket

Thursday, June 19, 2008

it's all good

Been 2 years since I had my last dentist appointment. To preface, I really don’t like dentists. They are wonderful people, but I rather know them outside the office. Have I ever mention that I hate the noises made by those shiny instruments? They make me cringe!

After procrastinating for many months, I dragged myself for a general check up today. Wasn’t sure how the Thai dentist would treat me. Like always, my imagination ran wild as I sat in the waiting room… ‘What if they found a bad tooth and not having the proper equipments decide to just yank it out? Tie my tooth to a door knob and slam the door!”

After an hour or so in the room with the whole dental odor and at least 3 tubes stuff into my mouth, I concluded the visit wasn’t that bad after all. Just that the most painful part was seeing my money in their hands!

On a different note, on this day last year a very special man was taken away from me. I sit here today thinking of him. I thought he was going to be healed but God decided to take him home. I carry a picture of him in my purse and at times it still feels like he’s in Spore waiting for us to go back to bring him and grandma out for dinner. I miss you grandpa.

No comments: