Photobucket

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

first love

Being around people my age who are so passionate about God has been a spiritual refreshment! I've been blessed through this conference that I'd attended the past 3 days down in Chiangrai. It's nice to be pulled away from normal daily work and be studying His word. The messages have been simple but powerful- hits home.

Encouraged through our small group prayer times and challenged to really examine myself and make sure that I'm trusting Jesus in my everyday life! Am I daily taking up my cross and following Jesus? Denying my own desires, interest, preferences? I guess the answer should be revealed by what kind of life I live and who's orders and interest I follow. Nothing else on earth should capture my attention or fulfill my desires like Jesus should. "Whom have I in heaven but you? and besides You, I desire nothing on earth." Psalm 73:25.

Last night as I lie in bed reflecting on all that was taught, I asked God to reveal to me any discontent in my heart. His question came, one that only my heart could hear "Am I enough for you?" ah yesh... it has been the longings for a 'someone', the struggle with loneliness. It is every woman's dream to be loved by a devoted man. Will my time ever come? Don't want to sound like I'm complaining. But maybe I am. I try my best to fight against this feeling but sometimes my heart is weary.

As I expressed all these, God showed me that HE was that someone. I need to learn to delight in being a bride of Christ first. “Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence. O my God, my soul is in despair within me; therefore I remember You…” Psalms 42:5-6

I want to always answer Him, "yes, dear Father, you are more than enough for me..."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dear girl... you are barely 20 and u still have lots of time! every time u feel a tinge of loneliness and desire for a man to love you, why not pray for those who are in their 30s and are still searching for one? they feel loneliness more than you do. just say a little prayer that God will give them strength for the day, to focus on Him and not on the circumstances(or pp ard them with babies for that matter!), and a desire to trust His timing and sovereignty to guide and to provide. God bless!

Lydia said...

i never did think of that! what a wonderful suggestion! not that i know many in their 30s but it'll just help me focus on others and not my pity party! thank you :) btw, care to leave your name?

Kitti Klicks said...

Hey Lydia,

I was recently going through a hard time in my life in that area as well. One thing that helped me was to reread a book called
"Falling in Love with Jesus". It's such a great book! I'll try and remember to bring my copy with me so you can read it. (If you want to, that is:)

Love, Kitti

Lydia said...

yeshh I would, I've got another book I'd like you to help me get from the States. Will email you about it!

Grace Mally said...

Hey Lydia! So you are at collage! I'm so glad you have a blog so we can find out what you've been doing. I hope you have a very blessed time there.
I know I'm commenting on an "old post" now, but I just was looking around on your blog and wanted to mention I really enjoyed your thoughts in this article. I think you expressed what we all often feel, and gave great answers. I like what you wrote about "searching your heart for discontentment" -- something we all should do frequently (and purpose to "give thanks" instead!)
Hope to see you again before too long!
Lots of love!
Grace