Photobucket

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Saying grace

Remembering the first meal I had with my course mates…… My food came first that afternoon and my friends seem to all be commenting on what a great choice I made. Asking me to go ahead and eat, I knew what I should do first before digging in. Yet, ‘should I just utter a prayer with my eyes open so no one will notice?’

Matthew 5:16 ran through my mind that very moment. “Let your light so shine before man that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” How could that thought have crossed my mind! I was ashamed. I closed my eyes. From that day onwards, whether I was sitting at the head of the table or alone in the canteen I enjoyed those moments to be still and know that He is God.

Last Thursday, my food was served the first again. But just before I was about to close my eyes, my friend said this “Lydia, I just want you to know that I really respect what you do. I’ve seen you from our very first meal together that you always say your grace even when we look at you.”

All I can say is that God works in His own ways for His glory. Well, I wrote this for those of you out there who has ever thought “Should I pray?” May this testimony encourage you to be faithful. I want you to know that you’d not be seen as some “weird goodie spiritual boy/girl” rather, you’d gain something that not many can obtain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya,hey thanks for sharing about saying grace.
Jaja, really encouraged me to not be ashamed of praying in public.
I used to pray like, "Thank you god for my food,and please don't let ppl see what i'm doing!"

Okay i'm gonna learn from your example and be a goodie-two-shoes!