Photobucket

Friday, May 23, 2008

like a tsunami

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8

Lord,

Grant me a quiet heart before the exams start.
Lead me to use my leisure hours to re-invigorate my powers.
My mind from day-dreams liberate, give me the will to concentrate.
From all distractions set me free,that in my studies I may be
A student with a sole fulfillment to make my work a sacrament.

From my faint heart, in love, expel, all failures, tears that therein dwell,
And from my pillow drive away dark forebodings of the day.
Help me in faith to rest so deep that I may have untroubled sleep.
While notes and lectures I prepare, may I not lose my zest for prayer.

May I not forget to look for daily guidance in Thy Holy Book.
In quietness, confidence and peace, may I have sure and swift release
From needless fears and apprehension
From outward strain and inward tension
And may I ever grateful be, to all who daily pray for me.
While for myself I intercede for other students too, I plead.
So may exams find each one alert in heart and mind.

Thus inward joy and peace possessing…
May exams prove a source of blessing.

My next paper is in 2 hrs!

2 comments:

Kitti Klicks said...

I'm praying for you!

-Kitti

Anonymous said...

Thanks dearie. How did your exam go? Thanks VERY VERY MUCH for those much appreciated words of encouragement. It's been a tough week for me too, just of a different sort. God is our HERO to save us!! Hehe. Love you girl. -R-