Photobucket

Monday, April 28, 2008

It's not about paper

Okay. I’ve got to get into business. I leave this Friday for my TEFL course at ChiangMai Uni. Still got lots of material to cover before it starts! So I got emails from my course mates introducing themselves. Nice. They state their nationalities, age (found out that I’m the youngest), why they decided to take this course and a whole list of their degrees (BA/ BS/ MBA) -- Not Nice. I’m intimidated! I need some self- assurance. No, more like I need to acknowledge that I can’t do this by myself but that I’ve faith that God will see me through! Lydia, a paper will not change things. It’s God’s grace that will. Living alone, not yet knowing a single person would be another challenge too. But I try to see it as a time of being moldered, to make me a stronger girl.

The outline of what’s happening from tomorrow onwards:

Tuesday:
-Study! Complete all reading assignments
-reply all outstanding emails

Wednesday:
-Study like never before! Complete all writing assignments
-A visit to the bank to collect my sucked up card
-Shop for back-to-school necessities

Thursday:
-OH. Start packing!
-Call to confirm accommodation
-Get an extra doze of sleep

Friday:
-Smile on my drive down to Chiang Mai
-Look forward to what is ahead

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Pui,

As I was having my quiet time with our Father this morning, He showed me this passage which I thought would apply to you. It's from 2 Chronicles 32:7-8. I'll paraphrase it for you.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because other people are older or have degrees, for there is a greater power with us than with them. With them is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles."

Has God not commanded you? Be thou strong and very courageous! Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God WILL be with you WHEREVER you go. (Joshua 1:9)

Lydia, this course is clearly God's plan for you in life, if not He wouldn't provide you the money to go. And don't feel pressured that, because it costs quite a bit of money, you must 'chiong' and 'pia' to study and make it. I can understand that you feel you're not that fantastic at studies, cos I felt that way when i started uni as well. But know this - that God never makes a bad investment of His resources! Which means that, we as worthy investments, do not have to worry (for it profits us nothing - Matt 6:25-34). We just need to be faithful in our responsibilities, and leave the rest to God.

Let's pray. "Dearest Father in heaven, we praise and worship You for Your amazing promises to us which comfort us and give us hope through Christ Jesus. We come before you this morning to lift my sister Lydia in prayer. Lord, I pray that you will take away all anxiety from her heart, and replace it with Your peace that passes all understanding. Father, I pray that You will bless her with more wisdom and a mind that will grasp and retain knowledge quickly. Please surround her with Your angels and keep her safe while she travels and stays there. May Your presence be felt wherever she goes, so that she will not feel lonely when she's away from home. Loving Father, we know that You will do all this, as it is in accordance to Your will, and because we ask in Your Son's mighty name, Amen."

So take care and get ready for a great time at sch, where I know God will test you and show Himself to be faithful and good!

Lydia said...

kor, thank you :)

You don't know how much this means to me. I'll be hiding these verses in my heart!

Anonymous said...

God has the best plan for your life. He sees the bigger picture. God has a purpose to send you for this course, and He knows that is ahead. May God Bless your time over there and may you feel His presence guiding you.