Photobucket

Saturday, April 19, 2008

because you need to know...

God’s been really good to me… so good that I cannot comprehend. He looks after even the smallest details of my life. I just marvel at how He plans each event in my life, one step at a time. Many of you have heard about my leaving for a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course in ChiangMai Uni starting- 5th May. But not many have heard about how God has provided every single thing I’d need there.

Remember my 2nd year anniversary post? My GB officers read it and asked if they could share it with the girls during their enrollment service. The officer’s email to me stated that they would like to share in our ministry here. I was excited! To cut the long story short, I shall paste the email I received after their enrollment service.

“2 new teachers helping out in GB helped put your pictures on power-point and together we put in words and quoted from your mail to me… and God used it all to His glory! Lydia, at our enrollment service, we took up the offering and God has provided you with $3,252.00 for your TEFL course! We didn’t believe it because we have never ever collected such a tremendous amount in our service… ever! Isn’t our God good?”

Not only does this cover my course fees, lodging and daily necessities such as food but it is also another answered prayer to something I’ve been praying for, for a long time. I’m cutting this from another email I got… “Your father suggested that you could buy a laptop with the extra cash and I asked the girls when I spoke at devotions 2 weeks ago and the answer was a resounding ‘YES’!


… that all I want to do is PRAISE MY LORD!

5 comments:

michelleee :) said...

womannn!!!

4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your hear

-Ps. 37 : 4

I'm greatly encouraged! :D Keep well!

Michelleeee

Lydia said...

girl, check your letter box sometime next week :D

Anonymous said...

Indeed the Lord is great! :D

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Your post reminded me of this famous hymn. I'll quote a line
"His eye is on the sparrow, and i know He watches me"

Am truly encouraged that you are trusting God each step of the way.

Anonymous said...

lydia! i'm so happy for you. continue to find favour in the Lord our God. misses.

pris