Photobucket

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Fong goes to China

mode of transport:


Going to the tai region of Yunan Province in Southern China from tomorrow till the 12th. The plan is to cross Thailand, Laos and into China (SipSongPanNa). It is going to be a tiring journey but I'm all up for this adventure. More stamps on my passport!

Mae Sai to Chiangkhong will take 2 hours. From there we'd go to HuayXai- LuangNamtha. It will be a gruesome 9 hours. I heard that Laos beyond Vientiane is really outback. Having traveled to Vientiane before, I roughly know what to expect. I read that the Asia Highway to China is under construction so there would be more bumps and detours. My motion sickness pills better be within reach!

Well, I only know the rough plan after this leg in the journey. I'll just expect the unexpected! Too much knowing will take away the fun in traveling. Pray for safety!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey jie! All the best to us! And the adventure begins...

Anonymous said...

wow, sounds like an exciting trip!
you are in my prayers.

love, Christine :)