Photobucket

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

3rd Yr Anniversary

I missed posting this on the actual day- 1st March 09, but there was a good reason behind it! The 3 ladies in our family were down with food poisoning. There seems to be an outbreak of this in Mae Sai! Thank God for Dr. Dad who nursed us all back to health.

This evening as I watch the day depart, I asked myself what has been the most exciting experiences these years... It's been those where God does something through my life that only He can do, those where I realise I can do nothing.

Mae Sai, Thailand has become my home. Home is where the heart is. I surveyed my family's feelings. Lois said, "It's been a faith growing experience." "Like a roller coaster ride" said Mom. "I can't thank God enough." Dad whispered. I shut my eyes for a minute, listening to the crickets of the night. "Amen" I muttered.

I thought I should take this opportunity to share with you about how God has lead me to apply for admission to East Asia School of Theology. Even as I treasure the remaining months I have here, I know that God is leading me a step at a time.

- God spoke to me through this verse, “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.” (2 Tim 2:15).

- The first week of our return to Mae Sai in Oct '08, I called P.Sam & P.Kul to invite them over to our place for lunch. During the call, P.Sam asked me how my exploratory visits to the bible colleges. I told him that I was more inclined towards East Asia School of Theology. Guess what? He told me that after much prayer God was leading them both to EAST too! I felt absolutely cared for by God. If I were to head there, God even had my classmates planned out.

- 6th Oct, I received a letter from my brother. He left me with many encouraging thoughts. His most important question to me was “What does God want you to do? How do you know?” As I wrote to him, things became a little clearer to me. My brother gave me a couple of verses and this was my favorite “I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body whether by life or by death.” (Phil 1:20)

- I continued praying and fasting, waiting upon His will. I gave myself a personal deadline of 31st Oct, when I would decide to fill in the application forms or not.

- On 30th Oct evening, just before heading for bed, I received an email from the EAST admissions officer asking if my application was on the way. She also mentioned that she will be praying for me until the day I physically enroll.

- Most Friday nights, our family gets together to catch a movie on DVD. On this night, 31st Oct, we watched ‘Prince Caspian’. You might think I’m totally nuts. How can a show speak to you, Lydia? But I certainly felt it did.

“Arise, kings and queens of Narnia.” (Prince Caspian remained bowed low)
“All of you” said Aslan.
“I do not think I am ready” said Caspian
“It’s for that very reason I know you are.” Aslan replied.

- Dad also confirmed with me regarding my training. “We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone mature in Christ.” (Col 1:28)

Thank you for all your encouragements and faithful prayers in my life!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Dear Sister, I've been spoken to by movies too. Praise God!
I love reading your posts and hearing what God's doing in your wonderful life.

Lydia said...

Hello Dani :)

You know what? I just found out that you have a blog!

Anonymous said...

I always pray for my prospective students. As 4 u, Our Lord always put ur face n ur name in my mind. I cannot don pray 4 you as it will be against the grain of things(ie not flowing with HS?).(haha I am glad) our pray is in one accord.