Photobucket

Monday, July 07, 2008

it's my birthday

hello twenty, how nice of you to join me.

Thank you, thank you to all of you who made my birthday special. I am so blessed with such sweet friends, new and old. And of course, an amazing family! Surprises left and right. Whether it was a card/parcel in the letter box or passing it through my mom when she was back, an email/e-card, a phone call/sms, comments on facebook, spending the day with me—I had a very blessed 20th birthday, and I can’t wait to see what the Lord has planned for me this next year!

[Things that made my heart grow 20 sizes today]

1. My students somehow found out that it was my birthday and they were so cheeky! I felt like I was in kindergarten celebrating it in class. To tell you the truth, I was wishing to call in sick just because it's my day... I'm glad I did not!

2. I came back home after school and the house was so nicely decorated with hearts all around, I truely feel the love ohhh yeah.
-
3. Lulu made me play pass the parcel with mom and dad to relive our childhood. Forfeit: Singing twinkle star, doing star jumps and shouting at the top of my voice wishing myself happy birthday.

4. Having mom back! She returned yesterday late afternoon. Just cooking 2 meals a day the past week is exhuasting. I salute all mama's out there! Having no thoughts of "What should I cook?", "Have I hang the clothes?" feels abosolutely wandaba! What would a birthday be without her.

5. Chilling out at a cafe is love. But since today is my birthday, I got to do something more than just sit with a cup of coffee. I got to be behind the counter! Learned how to make cappuccino and mocha! Made a mess while foaming the milk and got laughed at.

6. meal 1- flown in from S'pore IKEA. Swedish meatballs. woot!

7. CRAB bliss! yesh I got to eat chilli crab at only S$9! First time we ever had crabs over in Thailand. Busy hands. Shells on the table. Squeals of delight. The thrill of finding the most efficient way to extract the largest clumps of sweet, fatty meat. The last time I had these were on my birthday last year too!

8. My lil cousin matthew on skype. "hello! can you see my big nose?" (enlarges his nose and sticks it right into the webcam)

9. my awesome donut 'cake' with sparkle candles that do not want to go out and not forgetting the cake the youths got me on my ultra early celebration 3 plus months ago, haha what memories.

10. a handwritten card with a present from kor and a scrapbooking page lulu did for me. hey i'm not saying the rest of you guy's cards ain't special okay. Each are so precious to me but words from my dear siblings are real treasures cos they're my best friends!
-
11. Just an hr before my birthday ends... I receive a sms to go www.lydiashinesforgod.blogspot.com . I'm left speechless, unable to hold back my tears anymore. oh man such a cry baby haha! xoxo

Every hour of today someone reminds me of my age. "Only one life, it will soon be past; only what's done for Christ will last." These words on a poster in my room is a reminder of my time in this world.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY LYDIA!

Sorry, this is not much of a birthday wish...Pretty informal but oh wells, at least I got to wish you before it's waaay too late. Hahas.
Take care and God bless!

Charissa :D

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good birthday! =) Much love, Rachel

eleanor said...

BLESSED BIRTHDAY LYDIA!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Rm 15:13

Christine Peh said...

Happy 20th, Lydia!!!
You've blessed me in so many ways- from the little time we've spent together and even through this blog!
May God continue to bless you as you grow in Him!

muchlove, Christine :)

michelleee :) said...

WOMAN :)

YOU ARE MUCH LOVED.

LOVE
MICHELLE

Lydia said...

thank you, you'all! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Next birthday? You will celebrate w The East community - consisting of 10 nationality. May u then receive David's key, whose open door, no other can shut! Isaiah 22:22. - God Bless, my precious one
-Look East