Photobucket

Friday, March 07, 2008

the touch.

Ever had someone ask you the same old question over hundreds of times but you just could not feel irritated? Ever had someone call every single day saying “I just want to hear your voice”?

It’s not been easy since Grandma lost Yeh-Yeh. I remember during the funeral she kept telling me “Be strong”. She puts on a tough front but deep within she struggles with this new feeling of loneliness. 2 years ago, she had to adjust to going to church without the presence of 4 Fongs. 9 months ago, her life partner whom she is hardly seen without, left this world. Finally, the last Fong who sat in the pews each Sunday with her has also left for studies. She didn’t go to church last Sunday because she could not bring herself to it.

My heart aches. She’s been there to wipe my tears yet I’m so far away to wipe hers. If you know my Grandma, do me a favor -reach out to her.

No comments: