Photobucket

Saturday, March 01, 2008

2nd Yr Anniversary

It’s hard to believe but 1st Mar 2008 marks our second year out in the mission field. I find it amazing to be turning my calendar pages so quickly. Our family has changed so much during this time. One obvious difference is that Lois is taller than I!

Some of you ask me out of true concern if I feel like I’m missing out in life. I just want to tell you, I’ve never enjoyed life so full. The Lord has given many blessings along with many proving times lately, but He never fails to continually show Himself mighty in my life!

About a month back, we discovered that we had to move out of our home by end March. I felt lost on hearing the news but God reminded me about Abraham. Our search for a new place began but we couldn’t seem to find anything… Time was running out.

“ If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.” Luke 12: 28-29

Last week, while the Lo family was here for a short term mission trip, we went on a prayer walk. My mother spotted a lovely green house, just fit for us. She recalled that way back in August last year, while meeting a friend in that vicinity, she commented on this particular house. It appeared to be empty but there were no signs advertising “For Sale / For Rent.”

As we continued walking around the neighborhood, my mother decided to ask around if there were any houses for rent. Everyone shook their heads and it was disheartening. We were just deciding to return home when…a lady approached us and said a friend of hers would like to rent out her house. We followed her without much expectation, and then suddenly, we stood there in amazement, in front of that same green house!

How God works just blows me away. I believe He kept this place just for us. God always seems to test us, to trust Him to the very end.

So now, I’m glad to say that we will have a new address effective from April. Although it involves much work cleaning and packing, I look forward to having a garden to meditate in. We’ll probably need a guard dog too!

Lastly, I request prayer for my application to a TEFL (Teaching English as Foreign Language) 4-week course at Chiang Mai University during April 08.

Thank you all for your encouragements and faithful prayer!

No comments: