Photobucket

Monday, March 10, 2008

Photo Monday

Look who I found!

Ah... what a day. I got everything on my 'to-do' list done for today! That always makes me feel good but I'm exhuasted and it's only a monday! I'm seeing busy days ahead as another mission team from my church comes up here.

This morning, God gave me a timely reminder through this story... "A man was once cutting a tree stump with an obviously blunt axe. He was only bruising the bark as sweat poured from his beaded brow. Someone suggested that he stop for a moment and sharpen the axe, to which he replied, "I'm too busy chopping the tree to stop for anything." If he would only stop for a moment and sharpen the axe, he would be able to slice through the tree with far greater ease.

In the same way, I need to stop at the beginning of each day to "sharpen the axe" through prayer. Seek first the kingdom of God and I know I will be able to slice through a day with far greater ease!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi lydia

I really like that.....good analogy. Thanks.