Photobucket

Friday, March 28, 2008

Mae Gone

I have a feeling that 2008 is going to go by too quickly. I mean, it's already the end of March! It's been such a full month-- but a good one. The days has flown by with a variety of happenings. The saying goes, "Time flies when you're having fun."

Walking down life with my childhood friends. Spending 4 days up in the mountains of Mae Gone was once again fruitful and refreshing-- I love the mornings especially where I can feel so close to His creations, and journal in the quietness of the day. For the first time, we had a team of 12 youths! Serving the Lord alongside with them was indeed special. Always prayed that they would come up here one day to see the work and it has finally come true...

Singing "The Steadfast Love of the Lord" During the preparation period for this children's ministry, I must admit that I was overwhelmed. The interpretations wasn't easy and some days I felt like I could not go on... but I kept going, kept on practicing, knowing that God will give the needed strength. As the children presented this song in thai on the last day to their parents, God really encouraged my heart. "His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning, new every morning, great is Thy faithfulness O Lord."

I've seen many of these children grow up. It's been 6 years since my first mission trip there. Many of those whom I use to play with back then are teens now and I guess they are shy to join in with the activities we have. I've always wondered how I could still continue building on a relationship with them so I asked God and He gave me wonderful opportunities. It was the highlight of my trip. I got to know 3 youths better- Tip (18), Ronnie (19) and Ja suh (15).

They have so little, yet they are so willing to share with us the little that they have. They are all extremely cute and bright-eyed! I could have taken a million more pictures. I truely treasured the time spent with them... more than what all the pictures are worth.

Experts in 'UNO'



This was my verse during the time there :" I will proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone." Psalm 71:16. Till we meet again, God be with you.

2 comments:

shawn said...

Lydia,

Thank you for your wonderful testimony of God's steadfast love which never fails, and how God's mercy never comes to an end.

Looking at ur photographs and what u had blogged, it does make me feel somewhat nostalgic.

Btw, do u have photographs of the Redeemer's skit which ur friends had presented?

I'm also looking forward to pictures of what they had done w u in Mae Sai.

Take care.

Cheers,
Shawn

Anonymous said...

Hey Lydia,

It's great to hear that you are back in Mae Sai safe and sound! I'm glad the trip went good and was encouraging even if it was trying at times.

I'm going to email you but I know how much I enjoy getting post on my blog so I thought I'd drop you a line. Thanks for faithfully sharing your life with us through pictures and blogging!

Love, Kitti