Photobucket

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wisdom-T

I need to get my wisdom tooth extracted, my two bottom ones are impacted and there's a growing pain. Can't really see the X-ray here. Anyway, I dragged my feet to a private clinic the other day and I was shock to find out that surgery for one tooth cost $500! Yes, you read it right, just one. So, it'll cost me 1k to get both out! Crazily expensive right.


Went Googling and found out that I can use my parent's Medisave to claim some. Will be going to a Polyclinic to get a referral letter to the National Dental Centre. I hope my wait won't be too long! However, I will need a week's MC for recovery. Can't take that many days off school. How? Heard the pain is quite unbearable and I've low tolerance. I'm extremely petrified. Pray for me to know what to do.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

oh, not fun! I'll be praying for you...

Christine Peh said...

Yikes!
I have 2 wisdom teeth on my bottom jaw that need to be pulled out too.
(But I'm procrastinating!)

Will keep you in prayer.
Dentist visits are not always the most pleasant, but I'm sure God can give you special grace :)

Danielle said...

Hi Lydia! I'm not sure but I think u could probably do it at NUS's dentistry centre for lots cheaper. Of course, it won't be a "pro" job, because it'll be done by students, hehe. If u like I can check for u how much it'll be and if they'll be willing to do it :)

Lydia said...

Thanks girls. My appointment they gave is in 6 months time! I don't think I can wait till then so in the midst of finding alternatives.

Danielle, yesh I would really appreciate it if you could give me some info on that :)

Charissa said...

Hoping and praying that you'll be able to bear the pain by God's grace.
Take care [:

Unknown said...

i got mine extracted immediately because i was in pain. got all 4 out at once tho under ga: General anaesthesia at nuh but it costs a bomb 5k for all 4. i think you should do it under the trainees, i hear that the prof will hold their hand haha.