Photobucket

Friday, October 23, 2009

Bright Lights

We are a group of girls that come together once a month to encourage each other in faith. Praise God for the meaningful times! Last Saturday, we met and talked about accepting the way God made us. I know this stuff. The whole "I am wonderfully made, in His image" I know it too well, but yet it's another thing when I truely believe and accept it.

The "defects" (not smart enough, appearance etc.) I see in myself were designed by God to produce in me humility so He could give me more grace! It was such a needed reminder throughout this week, especially yesterday when I gave my first public speaking module speech (4 more to go!) I tried my best not to compare myself with others but rather look to the One who is still working on me.

Oh boy, it's 2:30am now and I still need to stay up and catch up with my readings. It's goodbye to this weekend! Next week is going to get tougher. I will be taking block class = my entire Fri and Sat gone. 9am- 6pm classes. Woho! haha. Stress a friend or foe? (This is the topic for my next speech) Tell me about it.

1 comment:

Dad said...

You are indeed SHAPED by God to fulfill a role no one else can. So just be yourself and thank Him for your gifts and abilities.