Photobucket

Saturday, May 09, 2009

A crazy roadtrip (Day 1)

All afternoon- I drift in and out of sleep as my playlist is on repeat. We've been on the road for over 10 hours by now, with only 2 toilet breaks. I have been forced to have a bladder of steel.

8.30pm- My "pi gu hen tong ahh!" We need to fill up the tank, it reads empty but there was no gas station in sight! I start thinking about how we are going to push the truck. "Okay, we ought to pray!"

9pm- Suddenly out of nowhere we see a big multicoloured arrow blinking ahead of us, "GAS STATION!" You won't know how thrilling it was to see those neon lights. Thank you, God! Redbull+ cupnoodles= a totally acceptable dinner combination.

10pm- Windy mountain road conditions was getting worse. I regret sleeping so much through the day! I realise now that I haven't mentioned we're driving to Vientiane, the capital of Laos, to do another visa application.

1030pm- A truck on the opposite direction flashes his headlights at us, we wonder why... another truck comes along and honks at us! Now Dad decides to take that as some sort of warning and slows down. What was up ahead totally blew us away! If those 2 "angels" did not forewarn us, you guys would have gotten news that we've been flattened by elephants. It is moments like these that each day of my life feels like a miracle!

Midnight- Cannot 'tahan' already! Numbness through my body. Dad jokes about how we've to spend the night in toyota hotel. I do appreciate trying new things, but any longer in that box would leave my body's functions a little haywired.

1am-We finally found a guesthouse! Crash into bed.

No comments: