Photobucket

Sunday, May 10, 2009

35 hours: home again, safe again...

As we were passing through Udon Thani on our way home, Dad had another wild idea of his to explore some ancient structures! He's always random, yet awesome. Geography lesson on glacial erosion! It was so cool to see red paintings on the stones by people of the prehistorical age who were illiterate. Can you spot the elephant?

Poor lulu was stung by a wasp but she was calm about it, first aid taught her well. So after this educational stop, we are back on the road again! I'm not going into detail about this journey but I shall just say that my heart was in my mouth half the time. No, really. It was scary. Those oncoming monster trucks need to learn to keep to their lane. Dad said he'll never do this again! He better promise.

2am, home sweet home. "Now, that was crazy" exclaimed Dad. Roadtrip =Drove 35 hours, covered about 2000km. Incredible memories! Wait... I didn't tell you about the policeman who wanted coffee money from us! ahh, you can just fit that into the story yourself!

2 comments:

Dani said...

I absolutely love your blog, friend! You're a fantastic blogger and everything you write is so interesting. Tell Lois that I was sooo glad to get her comment. Thank her for me! God bless you guys; have a great day :)

Lydia said...

We love yours too! Lois was realllly inspired by what you're doing with the "little old people". She's thinking of being a nurse!