Photobucket

Monday, February 16, 2009

it's time again...

Ahh, stop it Lydia. I keep telling myself I must not cry for once but I can NEVER not do so. This time it wasn't just teary eyes, I was weeping when kor took me aside to pray together. There was so much going on that morning.

One of my uncle passed away. That was my first call from grandma. I told her she had to be strong. Called my Dad asking if I should still return and the answer was yes, since my brother could represent our family. It was the second call from her, when I was at the airport that really broke me. She asked through sobs "ni ke yi bu yao hui qu ma?" (Can you not return?) It was so hard for me to reply her. At that point, I wish I had all the money in the world and cancelling an air ticket won't be an issue. "Lydia, I'm sorry I did not send you off." I just cried...

Giving my brother the last hug was another thing. I treasured every single moment I had with him. Well, other than the painful departure, a long wait at Bangkok airport and a strained lower back muscle as I was lifting my 10kg backpack into the overhead compartment, I arrived back safely before midnight.

Thank you Mois, Aunty Dolly, Sam, Aaron & Dan! This is the "don't know how many times" that I'm flying but you still came to see me off. So nice of you, I really appreciate you guys!

No comments: