Photobucket

Saturday, November 15, 2008

morning walk in the woods


It was so great to spend hours amongst trees and a beautiful lake. How calm and relaxing it can be. Too bad I forgot to charge my cam batteries and it died way too soon. These pictures just do not do justice to this magical place.

Back at home, I looked at our garden and realised it was kind of overgrown and we need more flowers! Inspired, I got out my gardening gear. I knew that I've to pull the nasty weeds before I plant the seeds. Talk about back-breaking work! Some had thick roots while others were a bit easier. God then showed me this process was just like my spiritual life.

Those easier ones could be an obvious unkind word I said to my sister? And the more difficult ones of an impatient spirit? But the only way to find them is to get down on my knees and look. And when I find it, I have to pull! Not just cut.

It's amazing how quickly weeds spread and if I do not deal with it, it'll soon overtake the garden. I know I have weaknesses and I need to humbly ask God for daily help. I need Him so much. I'm sure it is a great sorrow to God's heart to see hearts choked with the weeds of the world because He wants us to be ‘weed free’ and beautiful for him, a delight for all to see.

What does your "life garden" look like?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Lydia!

seems like you all had a great time! it is nice to be able to still our souls in the midst of busy-ness, and just rest in His promises! thanks for the reminder to watch what we allow to take root in our hearts, our life garden. Reminds me so much of the song, "f I Planted a Garden." thank you for encouraging me!