Photobucket

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Forever




Ever attended a wedding ceremony which lasted for 3 hours? Today, we made a day trip into a village in Burma to witness a traditional Chin wedding of a dear friend. We had some adventure travelling in there on a 'song teow' with 24 people on the dusty bump roads.

At the wedding, there wasn't any flower girls, no exchanging of rings and not even a peak on the cheek! But that's not what weddings are just about right? It's about a promise "to have and to hold, to love and to cherish" come what may... love grows deeper, stronger and more beautiful when it is planted by God.

Whenever I think about weddings, I pray for that man who may one day become my man. But I think my care for His will, in His timing has grown that much greater as I do so.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lydia,

Thanks for the pictures.. It helped me to understand some of what Chrissy told me about the wedding.....Praise the Lord for your continued maturity in Him and His timing and His plans.

Love,
Chrissy's mom, Kay