Photobucket

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Witnessing at Bugis

Target: Fan Club of some Chinese singer
Seeds being planted
Sharing stories and reports at Macs

It was a great opportunity to get into one-on-one conversations with teenage girls who were just standing around for hours and hours in wait for their "ou xiang" to appear. I started most of my conversations using a survey of religious belief. To my surprise, many were willing to do it. Maybe to kill time?

I was able to get into 4 good conversations and shared the gospel using the Four Spiritual Laws. I was reminded of how wrong I am to assume that people don't want to hear about God! Tonight, as I prepare Bible study on the Samaritan woman at the well, God highlights it to me that we can reach unsaved people when we go out to where they are and talk with them.

Many of them knew that Jesus died on the cross, but what does it mean for them? Many understood that they were sinners, but never heard about the Judgement Day. They are waiting to hear!

I believe that those I have talked to will go home and think about it, while I go home and pray for them. One girl (Rachel) was really open and interested in learning more. She gave me her phone number and I hope to follow up!

I have much to learn regarding witnessing and I often feel like I could have presented it in a better way, worded it differently but I have to remind myself that it takes practice and it is better to say something than nothing at all. I am glad that God can also use weak vessels to accomplish His purposes!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Hey Lydia, praise God for your willingness to witness to strangers on the street!