Photobucket

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blood Donation

Today at the library, there was this blood donation drive organised by red cross. Was kind of bored with the books and I just had this urge in me to do it. Totally unplanned for, a last minute decision.

Didn't know that there will be so many procedures, forms to fill in and questions asked by the Doctor but I was excited, this would be my first donation! I passed all the requirements. Since I went for a run this morning, I must have become healthier haha.

The nurses were really nice and friendly. However, as I sat on that bench and looked away (did not want to see the needle poking into me)... they couldn't find my vein! Kept telling me to squeeze the ball in my palm tighter. I did! So tight that the ball has my fingernail marks. They rubbed my arm, called the Doctor to come, but in the end they told me my veins are way too small. My heart sank.

How does one get bigger veins? Mop floor and handwash clothes? I'll be back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the nurse poked me 6 times to find my vein. the doctor came and found mine immediately! it was for blood test thoughso die die have to find hahahas.

pris