Photobucket

Friday, April 10, 2009

On this Good Friday

"About an hour later another asserted, "Certainly this fellow was with him, for he is a Galilean." Peter replied, "Man, I don't know what you are talking about!" Just as He was speaking the rooster crowed. The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: "Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times. And he went outside and wept bitterly" Luke 22:59-62


The Lord looked at Peter... can you image that look he gave?.... I can. Because I, like Peter, have disappointed Him many a times. It is an undescribable look, it is piercing yet so tender, disappointed yet still full of hope and love. It is the look of grace. The look that exposes my heart with all its ugly sins and what follows is the only appropriate response- to turn and weep.

But in that look is the discovery that saves, the exposure that purifies and the judgement that redeems. May we weep in godly sorrow knowing that we are forgiven and are empowered to live a righteous life with God's help.

Thank you dear God for being so merciful and kind to me.
With all my heart, I love you.

1 comment:

Christ Like said...

Not only a righteous life dear, but one that will change the world. How? By being yourself & blessing those whom Our Lord put around u.U r already doing that & making a great impact 2 lives & inspiring ur blog followers.Look East