Photobucket

Friday, April 17, 2009

"I dreamed a dream"

This just made my night. I bet you all have heard about 47-year-old, Susan Boyle who took part in Britains Got Talent. She's not attractive, not married, never been kissed, took care of her sick mother for years. Everyone in the audience clearly expected a horrible performance. People were caught on camera literally rolling their eyes at her when she said she dreamed of being a professional singer. Even the judges were suppressing chuckles.


Then she sings the first bar of "I dreamed a dream," from the musical "Les Miserables." They are stunned. Quickly everyone changes their opinion of her. She has an amazing voice! I watched it and teared up.

What struck me as most impressive about Susan, besides her powerful singing ability, was that despite her less-than-glamorous appearance, she was confident and strong. There is an understated self-assurance that shines through in contrast to the outer appearance.

Don't judge a book by it's cover! Who am I to define beauty? If I can see a person as God sees them, THAT makes all the difference. You know, the people who have impacted my life the most are the ones who have seen me the way God has and believed in me.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

i loved her performance too!