Photobucket

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Moving On

We got a call from our landlord yesterday that when our contract ends this April, we've got to move out. I've never felt this way when we had to move out of our house in Greenridge or Ivory Heights. I feel kind of lost because there is now no where in this world I can call my own. Where will we go? This house contains so many memories, so many stories from the past 2 years here in Thailand. From a shabby cob web filled house to one cosy warm home filled with love.

Bit by bit, we fixed the place up. From clearing the smelly clogged up drains, to scrubbing the greasy oil filled kitchen. Just 4 months ago, Chrissy, Lois and I painted the living room in yellow. What a makeover! 5 days ago, I painted our staircase wall white. This place was reconstructed and slowly built together by each member of the family. I guess that is why it holds such sentimental value. Our neighbours are another reason too.

As I thought about it all, I was reminded about Abraham. He had all kinds of unknown before him! But he had faith. Faith, does not focus on the unknown nor does it brood over how uncertain things are. Faith lifts up its eyes to the city whose builder and maker is God.

By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place he would later receive as an inheritance, and he went out without understanding where he was going. By faith he lived as a foreigner in the promised land as though it were a foreign country, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, who were fellow heirs of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city with firm foundations, whose architect and builder is God. (Hebrews 11:8-10 NET)

In Genesis 12, God tells Abraham to get up leave everything behind. And that's what Abraham did. His obdience was just grounded on God's command and the promise of God's blessings. He lived in tents! Makes me feel very grateful now. What Abraham longed for above everything was eternal life with God, life in a heavenly country, in the city built by God.

'Lord, please grant me faith like Abraham.'

No comments: