Photobucket

Saturday, October 06, 2007


Bright Lights

Let me try to do a summary of my trip to Singapore and Malaysia.
1 week in Malaysia for the ATII homeschool conference.
1 week in Singapore (Changi Chalet) for Bright Light's leader's training.
1 day for Strong in the Lord conference.
4 days to pack everything and move out of our house as we got it rented out.

All these back to back. Imagine that.

Conference 1:

B-being
R-radiant
I-in
G-godliness
H-holiness
T-testimony


Such a pleasure to spend time with these girls. As I taught, I was ministered to as well. We had much fun together learning and sharing.

Outdoor day! A simple game here but it got harder each step as the distance between each side grew bigger. These girls sure can throw and catch!

Sweet joy, little Danielle

Conference 2:



This was focused on teaching older girls about discipleship, ministry and starting a bright lights group. We had such close fellowship, eating meals together, working on assignments together, just building up bonds that will last forever. It was a nice place, a quiet location where I was able to just focus on the Lord.

6 from America, 4 from Malaysia, 1 from Indonesia, 2 from Hong Kong, 12 from Singapore and me from Thailand!

Chalet-mates. Such an encouragement to me.

Conference 3:

200 mothers & daughters. The girls from the training served as leaders for this conference small groups. I was assigned to 16 & 17 years old girls without any assistant. God knew how terrified I was. Never taught such an age group and did not know how to but I remembered that whatever comes out from your heart will touch another's heart and your life will touch another life. It's not about how well you can speak but about sharing about life transparently. Thank God for this opportunity. I truely enjoyed it.

Just a second ago, I received an email from one of these girls!

Moving of house:


The next time I return to Singapore, I've no home no more. It'll be weird when we go home for a short trip and not go back to dear Ivory Heights. I teared while packing up. Though it's hard to part, I want to praise the Lord. Once again, He arranged everything in such a good timing. A missionary family from America is moving in so I believe and pray that our home will be in good hands.

The mess

Unforgettable nights we slept at 4am and woke up at 7am to continue packing. When we got back to Mae Sai we were so dead we all slept for 15 hrs straight.

No comments: