Photobucket

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Lend a hand

Seeing children able to come together in a little corner, read, laugh at pictures and discover new things has been something I love watching. Amazing how a hyper active child can sit down and entertain himself with just a colored filled book as he lets his imagination run wild.

I personally never was a bookworm but ironically the library was my hangout place. Maybe it was because it’s a block away from my house, or was it that I could meet new friends, or perhaps it was just somewhere I could have some time alone.

It’s been more than a year that I’ve been in Thailand. During this time, I have collected a quantity of children books donated by friends, and I’ve been thinking of starting a simple library here. The church that I’m presently attending, Mae Sai Grace, has a newly built room for this! The library’s target users are the Burmese migrant children.

At the moment, it is totally empty. To start off the library, we need bookshelves. Been praying about it and we intend to start off with 2. I estimate that one bookshelf would cost about S$50. So we would need S$100. I pray that funds could be raised by 1st June 07.

Two friends of mine are coming up from Singapore to help me set this up among other things. If you wish to donate please email me at lyd_fong@hotmail.com. Any amount would be so appreciated! I will update this blog once the amount is met.

No comments: