Photobucket

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Earthquake

3:56 pm -Studying on my desk.
Humming to the tune of “I’m singing in the rain”.

3:57 pm -Everything suddenly shakes.
Feeling fascinated.

3:57.30 pm -My standing fan grew feet to move around.
My desk seemed like a bone shaker as it wobbled about.
It felt like a moving motion when the waves slapped against a boat.

3:58 pm -I realized this isn’t funny.
Sent a prayer up to God.
Ran down to where my family had already gathered.
Lots of commotion around the neighborhood.

3:59 pm -The earth returns to its normal self.
The quake becomes the talk of the town!

4:00 pm- Amused at my first experience!
Ran around the house to check out if i could spot any new cracks.

I just checked up on news and the quake measured magnitude 6.1. It struck in western Laos. It is said to be the strongest one to hit the area. I live about 60km from the epicenter. Thankfully no damage done. Life is exciting!

No comments: