Photobucket

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

EAST 2010 /2011 Student Council

I can only lead by following close to Jesus! Today, was our school's AGM. 3 Singaporeans, 3 from China and a Korean have been elected. Ee Foo is President! Woho! We were given 30 sec for a speech. I really did not expect this! In fact, when I was first approached sometime ago, I immediately declined it.

Truth is, I felt there were much more capable people than I. My average busy-ness and ministry commitments were also a high concern. I was calculating the cost of many things and carefully planning out how I would get through each quarter, ignorning the very fact that it is God who enables me!


No, I did not hear a clear loud voice of God if you are thinking so. Amongst the 14 names that were nominated, 7 were to be elected into the new council. I just told God that I am now willing and His will be done.

Yup, so I trust that this appointment, at this special point in my life, is from God. It's part of my growing. I will cast my fears behind me, believe who He is and what He says about me, and believe in obedience to His word. I look forward to an exciting new academic year with this SC, as we serve our beloved friends at EAST!

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever- do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138:8. I will let this promise sink deep into my heart and mind.

1 comment:

Lois said...

=)) Whatever you decision, I'm with you! Let God's will be done!