Photobucket

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Speechless

When I first heard about my School's Holy Land Study Trip, I thought to myself if only... if only... if only. A couple of weeks later, this thought of wanting to go would not leave my mind. I pictured myself cupping my hands to drink water at the same spring where Gideon's band of 300 select men did the same.

I know that the experience there will cause me to never read scriptures the same way again. I could also earn 4 credits as we will be doing in-depth study of God's Word with the land of the Bible as backdrop and visual aid. What a package right! I began to think what harm would it be if it became a "wishful prayer"

To cut the long story short, after months this whole thing turned into an earnest prayer. I did not want to miss this once in a lifetime experience. Early bird registration was drawing near and the limited space was filling up quickly! I was anxious. "Father, you know I don't have the money, please provide if it is your will for me to go."

The trip cost $4299. Upon registration, I had to put down half of that amount for deposit. I had not shared this with anyone other than family so when I opened the above email and read it, I got the chills and tears in my eyes and a great big smile, followed by a crazy laugh all at the same time because I knew this was 101% God's hand in it! I received a love gift of $2299! Not more not less! His goodness to me in saving me and pouring blessings on me is far more than I deserve.

This really stired the depths of my heart. There's another 2k to be raised but I am reminded that God is the one who can do "far more abundantly than all we can ask or think." All glory and praise be to God!

7 comments:

Dad said...

Amazing how God confirms! This offering was collected before you started at EAST.

Danielle said...

This is just amazing, Lydia! :) my grandparents just came back from Israel with my church and they had a wonderful experience :)

Chelsea said...

wow! how amazing is THAT! God is so good! :)

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Lyd! God always provide for His beloved! I look forward to this much awaited trip. I was blessed head to toe by your worshipped today, could feel His presence in the Chapel.- Aitee

Rachel said...

Isn't it amazing and wonderful how God shows His love for you? How much more then, you can trust Him with everything else... Love ya :D

Anonymous said...

DD1, it's always amazing and awesome to know how the LORD works to provide when you put your faith and trust Him! L3

scarlett_satiation said...

wow.. Fong.. You are like a city set on a hill whose lights cannot be hidden. You are so immensely blessed by God.
I'll be back in Singapore soon!! :D