Photobucket

Friday, November 20, 2009

$10.50

It was a heavy downpour, I had to get to MGS by 6pm so I hailed a cab from school. "Hello uncle! How has your day been?" surprised by my greeting, he replied a simple "Hi! It's ok." I hurriedly took out my notes to look through what I was going to share on and there this thought hit me. You are going to speak on evangelism, of how one should take every opportunity God gives to share His good news, why aren't you doing it now?

I was stuck in a horrible Bukit Timah jam but I knew that it was perfectly planned. After a bit of general talk, I decided to ask. "Uncle, what do you think about religion?" He laughed. "You are a Chrisitan right?"

He told me he was sure he will go to Heaven because he hasn't been too bad of a person. We had a very interesting conversation. From evolution to salvation being too simple to get.

"Uncle, you know you'll have everything to gain if God is true and if He is not, you'll have nothing to lose. Here is something I want you to have, please take some time to read it. I think this is something all of us really need." I paid my $10.50 cab fare which was worth every cent and as I opened the taxi door, he said "Thanks for the brochure, I will read it!" This totally made my day.

The workshop went well! Thanks to all who were keeping me in prayers. I spoke on these 5c's. Took a little more than 2 hrs in fact. God was just so faithful each step of the way!

1) Command of God
2) Compassion for the lost
3) Change in attitude
4) Communicate truth clearly
5) Commitment

4 comments:

Lois said...

Hello there!!
So good to hear about your time sharing with the MGS girls! I think you must have thought about those candles singing "this little light of mine" but they didn't want to shine. and you thought that would be me if I not going to share about the gospel. =)) so good to hear stories like this. press on! I love you!

Nelson said...

good sign... Christians are witnessing enough for the Taxi driver to say those words :P

How true... if God's word is true, what have we to lose, but the world to gain.

Press on in living your talk! We all need a little encouragement like this each day.

eleanor said...

thanks Lydia for the reminder and encouragement!

Anonymous said...

"You aare the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way. let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matt 5:14-16

Thank God for your courage and desire to share. ML3