Photobucket

Saturday, September 19, 2009

1 week more

Advanced Evangelism & Discipleship Class

“Lydia do you understand?” my lecturer patiently asked. I looked at him and shook my head again. I really struggled through my first few weeks at school and now I can't believe I am into my final week for this quarter! Yay!

Putting the crazy assignments and stress factor aside, EAST has become a place I can call home. I enjoy the multi-cultural community; everyone cares and is concerned for each other. I feel I belong. “It’s not about the grades you have on that paper but how much you have gotten out of it.” My lecturers have been wonderful mentors to me.

I cannot wait to fly back on 26th Sept - 3rd Oct the day after my exams, to be reunited with the family and to be woken at dawn by sunlight streaming in through the windows. Not forgetting to mention the constant cacophony of bull frogs in the field when night settles. I need to get back to recharge!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lyd, I am so glad that you have learnt much at East. Yes, it is not about the grade, it is about a community that draws the best out of everyone. Transformation from me to us in identity. Hpy 2 b@east.