Photobucket

Monday, February 15, 2010

God knows my size

This CNY, I had no time to go out and get anything to wear! You know the whole tradition of getting something new? Heh, the woes of being a girl and wanting to dress up. Got to admit that I wasn't really looking forward to all the celebration. No family, nothing to wear, datelines, no mood.

Had a simple reunion dinner at Grandma's on Saturday and I decided to stayover. Was working on an essay at the kitchen counter when I got a call... about 10 mins before the clock striked 12, I received a bag of brand new clothes. I couldn't believe it! Felt like cinderella. My friend's girlfriend who owns a blogshop came all the way to the void deck to give me some absolutely lovely pieces of clothes which fits me perfect! Thank you so much, tiff!

As I tried on a blouse and looked into the mirror, the passage from Matthew 6 which mich shared during prayer meeting on Friday came to mind. "...will I not much more clothe you (Lydia), O you of little faith?" I teared and teared. God knows my very heart and there is such comfort in that! This was like my Valentine's Day gift from Him, felt super duperrr loved. Instead of sadness and loneliness, I was filled with the joy of the Lord. As nice as a man's love may be, God's love far surpasses it!

Okay, more ang-baos and bah gua. Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Dong-dong-qiang!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dd1,Praise the Lord for all His goodness you're experienceing.
'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart ;commit your way to the LORD, trust in Him and He will do this." Psalam 37:4 - 5 ML3

Lydia Hang said...

FONG! I understand CNY away from family!!! Missing you so so much. You are so blessed you know? And guess what? I met annamae! :D hoho!

Anonymous said...

Lyd,u ve never failed to fill me with joy & burst of laughter with your posting. Dong-dong qiang?? The sound of cymbal seems to ring in my ears. Haha, I remembered Chee Yuen's ker-qiang ker-qiang (sound made by Paul's chain while in jail)during his Chapel preaching. I can't thank God enough for bringing your batch of lovely students into East. Aitee