Photobucket

Sunday, January 24, 2010

What a break

It has been a much needed holiday to relax, recharge and rejuvenate. I treasured this one week as I had a real fruitful time feeding my soul with things I love doing.


In this week, I......

1) Watched movies-Did you hear about the Morgans, Julie & Julia
2) Went to East Coast to cycle, fly a kite and eat seafood
3) Went to West Coast for a picnic
4) Brought my DSLR to Fort Canning Park
5) Went to a 21st birthday party
6) Sang karaoke for the first time with my EASTerners
7) Spent time catching up on much needed sleep!
8) Walked around, Vivocity, Town, Haji Lane, Bugis
9) Cooked a western dinner
10) Visited the national museum (World of ancient Egypt) for free
11) Bought yummy snacks from Muji
12) Took a train all the way down to the viewing gallery at airport
13) Ate lots of sushi
14) Filed away all my 2nd Quarter notes (filled 3 big fat binders)
15) Wrote thank you cards to people

Back to school tomorrow! I've classes every single day this 3rd Quarter and they all start at 9am meaning I've to leave the house by 720am! So off to catch some sleep now... God, please give me a big heart to absorb whatever learning experiences You have instore for me.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Hi girl, glad to hear that you've managed to find some space and time to recharge physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Know that you're always in my prayers- I pray that God will grant you the wisdom and strength to manage your time well with your heavy course workload.

I understand what you mean about homesickness now. I never felt so far away from my family and friends and sometimes I just burst into tears because I miss all of you so much. But I have Jesus during my moments of loneliness and that is more than enough for me.

Anyway, I have a new blog for my US trip... you can read updates here: joyinliving.wordpress.com :)

I am just gonna cherish every God-given moment here as an opportunity to grow deeper in Him and to reach out to my new friends here through my actions and speech.

I will see you in July my dear. xxx Miss you much.

Lydia said...

Hello, I've been keeping up with your happenings over there though I've been rather quiet here. FedEX some snow please. Looks all too beautiful!

God's sees you dear, don't miss us too much and miss out on these moments which would never come by again!